Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Zoo with 2!

We had some threatening clouds here on Monday, and after a beautiful Sunday, we were hoping the rain would stay away so that we could take a zoo trip with the moms' group. What a gorgeous morning it ended up being. I'm so glad we went.

Feeling the need to keep these kids out of the house more and more, especially when the weather allows, I felt it was time to apply for a membership to the zoo. I think it will be beneficial for all of us. I'm excited to get to know the animals a lot more. It's not the biggest or greatest of zoos, but it'll suffice for these kiddos.

Let me tell ya... it wasn't easy keeping track of these mobile ones. As Donovan usually hid around a bush or just out of sight, Devin insisted on pushing his own stroller. This mama was wrangling kids left and right. And so I lost my fellow moms and kiddos back near the kangaroos. We wandered on our own before stumbling upon my good friend Phyllis, from back in my clogging days. She is a docent for the zoo and was kind enough to spend some quality time with me and the boys and gave us the "inside scoop" on some of the exhibits here. Thank you Phyllis!

As we were strolling along, and my kids were out of control, three of the cutest girls in hot pink hoodies and one daringly handsome little boy following behind them, came dashing by on a mission somewhere. About all the same height, I began to recognize these kiddos - especially once I saw their beautiful mother trying to keep up with them. Ms. Gen is a hero, in my book. As a blog follower of her family since the kiddos were born, I approached Quad-Mom Gen (almost kissed her feet!) and told her who I was. I'm sure she is now seriously contemplating having a bodyguard out on her excursions with the kids, as I am just some strange woman in a zoo KNOWING who she was. FREAKY! She is the sweetest thing though.... and the kids... were long gone, but certainly in eyesight. We both had to hurry along and catch our rugrats. She had twice as many... How does she do that???

My boys had a great time. We saw a lot of the animals out in their enclosures and enjoyed watching the primates and their silly maneuvers. I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked, but I got some nonetheless....

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

No comments: