Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Easter Weekend (with a Birthday!)

I'm bunny-pooped out! Our weekend was pretty full, with little breathing room.

After Friday night's birthday celebration playing Bingo (exciting life for a Friday, right?), I crawled out of bed Saturday morning for our first workout training in my Moms in Motion Spring Team. We start off little, only to go BIG once we're toward our culminating 5K events toward the end of June. My pace for 1 mile was much less than the minute-pace I did in the 5K in March .... but then, all I had to do was 1 mile, so I didn't have miles 2 and 3 to slow me down. But still, it is improvement! After our timed mile, our fearless leader had us do push-ups and squats. I will work hard this week to do 3 push-ups straight and not face plant myself for lack of control. I look forward to next Saturday's 6:00 AM wakeup call for more "basic training".

Dominic and Dad had kickboxing class and the other two went with me to get my nails done. Priorities! Grandma Gertie had the appt. before mine, so she took the boys home with her for a bit. I attacked Costco before picking them back up and heading home to grab the rest of the gang (with our eggs!) and off to Grandma and Papa Cinnamon for an egg hunt with cousins and a yummy ham dinner. I think 2 out of 3 boys fell asleep on the drive home.

Sunday morning, the Easter Bunny overloaded the boys' baskets with goodies. Dominic got some favorite Bakugan items, while Donovan got the new Tigger and Pooh DVD. Devin settled for a monkey stuffed animal. After breakfast and baths, we headed off to church for Easter Services and Egg Hunt. Devin slept for most of church; Donovan couldn't get enough guitar-gazing from our seats; and Dominic just couldn't wait to be over with it all. They each got a few eggs in the egg hunt afterward and Dominic even won a stuffed lamb in the raffle. He was tickled about it, yet Devin claimed the plush lamb for the drive home.

Off to gather a few items from the store (including my birthday/Easter cake) and home we went to change clothes and gather items for our Easter Festivities with Grandma/Papa Gertie and the rest of the family. An egg hunt, fabulous dinner and candle-blowing finished our weekend and made for some very tired boys ... and Mommy!

"Hands off my eggs!"

Cousin Kalyn

Cousin Matthew

Donovan discovers money inside his egg.

A bunny without a hop...

Devin, Dominic and Cousin Addison

My favorite picture of Devin, Papa and Donovan

Rudy Rabbit

Another year goes by for me!

3 comments:

Kelli W said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a great birthday and a great Easter! Those are some awesome pictures! Eli had that same blue and yellow striped outfit...it is SUPER cute!!

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations on surviving what sounds like a crazy busy weekend!

Kristie said...

That's a great picture of your dad and the boys. Where was Dominic?

So your weekend was just as busy as ours, this is the first Easter that we didn't spend with you guys. We ended up at Papa and Grandma's on Sunday.

Instead of Ham... We had carnitas ~grins~

Looking forward to BBQing soon. Ben is fueled up.. I think.

The girls really want Donovan to come spend the night. He was so funny last night. He kept saying 'I gotta ask my mommie'

Bianca is spending the night at a girlfriends tonight, and Ben wants to go to Funderland or the zoo tomorrow. As long as it's not the Folsom Zoo - only thing good there is the train.

6 am BOOTCAMP? I'm so jealous. Are you guys doing the Komen this year? I didn't sign up.