Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 3 - Epcot .... NOT!

You see, I had it all planned out. It was going so well. Day 2 ended in our familiar routine: Grandma Gertie uploading pictures to her laptop (lucky to get an email out); Grandma Carmen starting a load of laundry; the boys taking their bath in the jacuzzi tub; Bianca admiring her stash of souvenirs for the day; I tried to get the next day's attire ready for everyone and restock the backpack with diapers and baby food... we were busy. Everyone crashed for the night after given a 7:3o am verbal wake-up notice!

We found ourselves searching on the internet for the nearest hospital just after midnight. Little Devin was not himself. Our happy, bubbly, snuggly guy would not settle down to sleep and instead, curdly cries were coming out. Nothing soothed him. I gave him Tylenol, thinking it was his teeth, but it was something more bothersome. It was going to be a long, sleepless night if something wasn't done. I couldn't ruin the sleep of the 6 other people in our suite. After calling the front desk for the nearest hospital, Rudy and I were on our way (with our handy GPS) and arrived at the Celebration Hospital ER. We practically had to ring a bell for service! Devin had quieted down by this time, showing no sign of the ailing-self he was and making us look like dumb tourists in a foreign hospital. I've heard this story before: no temperature, oxygen level great, heartrate just fine, etc. What are we doing here? After a seemingly long wait for the doctor, just as I suspected, not one, but two ear infections - as red as Rudy's bloodshot eyes at this point! Poor buggar!


One tired Momma and her cub.

A round of antibiotics and some eardrops were immediately given and we walked out of the ER with a prescription in hand at nearly 4:00 AM!!! The drive back to our hotel suite was long enough to replan the day's activities. How could we possibly wake up in nearly 3 hours ready to spend the day at Epcot? Think, think, think....


...to be continued...

5 comments:

Charity Donovan said...

Awww poor little guy! Ear infections are the WORST!!!! Hope things turned around quickly for you guys!

Joan said...

Oh heavens! Poor Wittle Devin! And poor Mommy and Daddy! I guess I was wrong about him not getting sick on vacation.

Joan said...

Oh P.S I like the new layout..

Jac Tubre said...

Oh no! I hope he gets better really quick! I have been meaning to add you to my blogroll, but I am a slacker. Just linked back to you from the Graf's and going add you now...forgive me!

Jac

Amber S. said...

POOR BABY... and poor family...