Monday, February 23, 2009

Down by the Station

Click to play this Smilebox invite:

Since January is a month of new beginnings and I was in a group joining mood, I also joined a fabulous mom's group. I've met some great moms and their little ones. There is such a variety of ages, and so far I've taken Devin and Donovan to a meetup EACH. My favorite meetups are the coffee ones, with or without kids. Since I work full-time, I am not able to attend during the week, but it's a great group that has playdates and other activities going on almost every day for those that do stay at home with their children. There are a few moms that work outside of the home like me and need that "get out of the house" moment or two.


This past weekend we were able to tour a Fire Station. It was really neat to see. Daddy came along too. I've never seen a room with so many La-Z-Boy recliners in my life. Gosh, these firefighters really know how to be comfy! The kids got to watch a cartoon video on their big flat-screen TV while us moms reclined. Ahhhhh! Dominic raised his hand to answer a question at the end of the video - a proud mommy moment. We then saw the rest of the station and headed out to see the trucks. The compartments were opened to show all of the equipment that is stored in them. The kids then got to climb through the cab of the fire truck. It's a big climb to get in there! Unfortunately, but rather excitingly, the station got a call and had to go. Honestly, I saw the Ambulance take off and never noticed anyone getting in it... they were that fast! Off they went (neat!) and we were left with one lone fireman to show us the sleeping quarters and weight room.

The boys were getting restless and we headed over to the playground right next to the station. While we were there, the crew had returned from their call. Oh well. We had a great time AND great weather!

3 comments:

Kelli W said...

Sounds like a fun group and a fun time!! My boys got to see a firefighter at the library once...it scared them because the firefighter put on all the equipment! Glad you had a good day at the firestation!

Jaycee said...

Okay, well, yours are just too cute as well! I'm partial to Devin. Maybe it has something to do with the name... lol!

Suzanne said...

awwww!!! you are too sweet! thanks so much for the nice words---made my day! (and gave me a good chuckle!) hee hee. what a precious family you have!!!