Friday, February 29, 2008

I confess...





....I'm addicted to Starbuck's!


Or, shall I say THIS BABY is addicted to Starbuck's? I can't help it! The conveniency of Starbuck's being on the way to the freeway after dropping off the kids is just too much! No wonder they have so many stores. You can't avoid them! Everywhere you turn there's one available to you. Today's withdrawal symptoms forced me to the store located closest to Dominic's school. I actually got him to his classroom early and well, THAT deserved a Starbuck's visit.

It is common for waddling pregnant women to get asked questions when seen out in public. Typical ones include:

  • Is this your first?
  • Do you know what you're having? (...to which I reply, "A baby!")
  • How much further?

However, today's Starbuck's Barista flat out asked me, "Are you having a BOY?"

How'd she know? Do other addicted pregnant women order the same drink? I'm shocked. I guess there's just a 50/50 chance of her being right, but really, how could she tell? She was quite proud of herself for guessing correctly. Apparently, out of 6 crazy pregnant women who she has served recently, she's been correct on all of them. (I didn't ask if she knows of any women having girls. I wonder what qualities they possess?)

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I guess that barista never met me.. huh.... cuz we all know I'm a starbucks junkie too... the babies love going with me - even if it's the drive thru.. they like their windows down so they can talk to the person in the bushes... and they like it better when mommie gets her coffee with icecream on top... ~lmao~
Peyton is fascinated with my drink..

So are you having a boy? are you sure? ~winks~ almost party time. I leave on Sunday for LA...

DJ was very cute this morning... Morning Tia and hugs...

We find out if Bianca made Nomads this weekend

LoveBugZ said...

We haev starbucks on every corner here too. Plus with my job I earn free Starbucks gift cards but the catch.......I don't like Starbucks but my hubby does....

Joan said...

Oh lord.. you too? Oh man I have been addicted to them since I had Luke what oh what would i do without my Venti soy Iced white Mocha?