Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Snippings

So the weekend wasn't all that it was CRACKED up to be...
  1. Friday's attempt to be seen by my doctor resulted in a few missed calls by her office (due to the fact I WAS AT WORK AND THAT'S WHERE I CALLED FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE!) So, taking the advice from the ADVICE nurse, whom I spoke with earlier that day, I placed myself into the Urgent Care Office on Saturday morning. After being prescribed an antibiotic for my numb, sore, can't-breathe face, I had hoped for a delicious Crab Feed dinner that night. It didn't happen. Still could not taste a thing. I had to pretend to enjoy my food. And that's how it went the entire time. I was bummed.

  2. We were threatened with a horrendous storm to blow through the Valley for the weekend. 70 mph winds, horizontal rain, low snow, etc. Waiting, waiting, waiting....and, screw it, I'm getting out of the house and getting the boys' haircuts. Not sure what happened to the storm.
Grandma Gertie came over to help me wrestle what I thought would be an out-of-control, snotty nosed two-year old at the hair salon. Instead, I was granted the most behaved sitting at a haircut EVER! It was unbelievable. I'm not sure if it was the prep-talking about the ordeal we were about to endure that did it OR the threat of Grandma watching OR the sucker reward that was waiting at the end OR maybe it was the camera? Certainly, Grandma wouldn't take pictures of the disaster we usually go through, or would she? We ended our outing with a trip to purchase birthday presents for next weekend's parties and the weekly trip to Costco. Thanks to Grandma Gertie for making our outing more enjoyable while Rudy played with filing taxes. Blech!


Donovan's BEFORE and AFTER - what a difference!

Dominic insisted on the "faux hawk" again.
He was disappointed
to have it washed out in tonight's bath.
(I'm not sure why he had to sit at the "Princess" booth.

He never really noticed anyway.)

5 comments:

Kristie said...

... Hey I love the faux hawk hair do... really wish he didn't have to wash it away so soon... as I'm sure he would have loved to sport it to church ~giggles~

Sorry the crab feed wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, but I'm glad the haircuts went well, good thing GG was there to keep DJ in line, though I can't imagine him ever stepping or walking the line

I'm in San Diego.... it's beautiful, a lil windy but the sun is shining, walked around our hotel for awhile.. it's pretty lush like. great view of the lushness and pool cabana area.... i brought boardshorts in case I hit the beach.... San Diego State here we come tomorrrow...

Amber S. said...

Maybe the boys are sensing that Mommy is pregnant and, therefore, doesn't really have the energy to put up a fight! Last week when I had "the scare," my boys were especially sweet, giving me extra "lovins" all day! Hang in there, Momma!

Also update about your church sometime if you have anything more. (so terrible)

Kristie said...

I can't sleep....

Kristie said...

Congrats on winning the baby shoes... they are great. I wonder if Donovan will try and wear them in a bit before baby gets here.

I'm exhausted - didn't sleep well after the feather bed hotel... and my slider doesn't lock on the balcony. Yes - so I got like 5 hours of sleep - it's like being home and having tiny babies...

Have a wonderful Day - it's so beautiful in San Diego - now all i need is to wake up

LoveBugZ said...

I am sorry you couldn't taste your crab. Nothing worse than feeling bad AND loosing your taste buds! Love the hair do!!!