Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to "the grind"....

...WORK, that is! I was welcomed back to work after my much loved maternity leave. Funny, I feel as if I never left. Those 3 months went by FAST! I was greeted enthusiastically by voices behind the front office wall cheering in jubilation as I entered the front door, "it's me!" I was also greeted with a forceful tail wag from Mocha. It's great to be back.

I had my first "sales pitch" meeting this afternoon (at about 14 hours of official time on the clock since coming back). Money...everyone wants MORE money to make life just a bit simpler - so they say. I'm not sold. I want more money too, you know. Who doesn't?

The boys are doing just fine at daycare. Everyone is enjoying having a new baby in the mix, and having Dominic there is entertaining for the older gang. Donovan is being silent about having his two brothers there in "his territory". The twin cousins enjoy being the "big helpers" for the Avila-clan. I hope my boys don't come home with Dora panties or pink crocs! Devin was exhausted with yesterday's entertainment, that he slept upon my arrival and the entire trip home. There's nothing like getting a "happy to see you" smile after a long day - his was just delayed for a bit.

I guess Starbuck's is closing a bunch of stores. Go figure! I suppose it's best they do so, for my sake. I attempted to reward myself (it's always a reward, isn't it?) yesterday before coming into work. I entered a nearby Save-Mart with a Starbuck's kiosk and discovered it empty. I turn to an employee, "what, you don't do Starbuck's anymore?" ... to which she replied, "no ma'am, it's been gone for over a month". Guess that shows how loyal a customer I am to that store. I made sure to visit Java City today - inside a Raley's (where I AM a loyal customer).

3 comments:

Charity Donovan said...

Congrats on your re-entry to workinghood. It will be a looooong time before I experience that again so enjoy a little of it for me! By the way...I think you created a monster with that website...I was on it for a whole 30 minutes today & I already need more! Uh oh!!! lol!

Kristie said...

Glad you are having a good time back at work... Nice that everyone is happy to see you back.

In my area.. everyone is happy I'm leaving... with the exception of a couple... of course the new group I'm going to is estatic I'm coing to work with them... while my old group is kickin me to the curb... it's all love...

The starbucks on whiterock is still there... went today.. to TREAT myself and Bianca...

We talked about Donovan wearing the girls shoes today.... we all laughed. Sydney said "Donovan get some too" So it looks like you'll need to make the trip to Nordstroms....They are actually boys shoes... but I let them pick. Okay I didn't let them choose completely. We originally went to get crocs... Nordstrom doesn't carry Dora Crocs... didn't have two of the same size in pink... and Sydney kept wanting GREEN crocs and Peyton was cool with YELLOW... and then those multi colored shoes showed up... and ta da... we want THESE....

danielle said...

Glad to hear your way back to the office is going well so far!! I like to reward myself with Starbucks, too... so yummy!!

Oh and HAPPY 3 month B-day to Devin! Big boy!