Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Today is 2-month Tuesday!

(I'm a huge fan of alliteration, can you tell?)

Devin is now two months old. Wow! He had his well-child appointment today which included vaccinations. Ouch! Those didn't go over so well, but he's doing just fine. Weighing in at 11 pounds, 13 ounces, he has gained over 4 pounds above his birth weight (after losing some the week after birth). I don't think he'll have any problems staying on the charts for his age. I'm always a little concerned when the "dot" is placed below the average curve line. We're on target!

He's becoming quite the "ham", which is a very fun age: flirting with the nurse, cooing and wriggling with excitement. That lasted until the doctor came in. But really, he's quite the talker. He's good to go for another 2 months.

Meanwhile, it's going to be a crazy week. I had a dental appt. yesterday, Devin's appointment was today and Dominic is finishing up Kindergarten this week with lots of activities planned at school, a birthday party to attend after school on Thursday and finally ending the week (or starting the next one) with his birthday party. It looks like we'll have great weather, not too hot, but nothing to stop the kids from playing in the Splashground at the park. I have to psyche myself up to remembering to take pictures and use the video camera - it's always the last thing on my mind.

I took quite a few cute expressions of Devin today, however they came out very dark. I tried to "brighten" the photo above, if you hadn't noticed. Oh well, still a cute kid, don't you think?

**I replaced the original posted photo. Grandma Gertie put some magical touches to the sweet baby boy. She made his picture look like he does in person....CUTE!!! Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Joan said...

He is beyond cute! Cannot wait for him and Luke to meet!

Kristie said...

Looks like my lil man has really grown...
he's gorgeous, and he misses his tia, oh, okay his Tia misses him...

we are looking forward to the Party.... I know the kids are gonna have a blast

LoveBugZ said...

He is so precious. I seriously could just stare at that picture. He is a true doll baby. I am still here, still reading and I just love your blog. If I miss a day or so when I do get back on I get all excited to come read about your life. Your boys are all so cute and the girls better watch out for the heartbreakers they will be!!!