Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!



My baby boy has a birthday today. He's the big TWO! Seems like it was only last summer that he entered this world. Yet, it was 2 summers ago! I remember clearly, sitting at home anticipating the day of his arrival. My leave of absence from work left me on the couch in front of the TV watching The Price is Right, old Family Feud shows, reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, or The Discovery Channel episodes of A Birth Story, Birth Day, Bringing Home Baby or Make Room for Baby. I cried my eyes out at ANY of these shows. Well, okay, just those few sappy, girly-hormonal shows. When I had enough, I flipped over to watch Ellen DeGeneres' show....she's hilarious!

August 10th, 2005 was a special day. It was the day that my routine appointment turned into a few steps over to the hospital for an unscheduled C-section. Heck, why not? No one else was in need of these doctors during the 2:00 to 3:00 hours and Donovan couldn't figure out which way was out. Hence, he was pryed from under my ribs and out into this world into a freezing cold operating room. I made a slideshow for his First Birthday last year (and have yet to order it). Turn on your sound, sit back and reminisce with me, won't you?
(tissues optional)





3 comments:

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday Donovan

the girls ran right into Sharons and hugged and kissed Donovan, guess they really knew it was his birthday too, we're still working on saying Happy Birthday, doesn't come out right yet... but oh well.

I took some pictures of him and the girls yesterday, i swear they look like triplets...

Kristie said...

oh... I can't see the slideshow, guess I'll have to wait til tonight

LoveBugZ said...

Ok I needed the tissues. I am such a sap! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!